Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's Happenin'?

So.... there's lots going on here- but mostly boring administrative stuff. I don't think you want to see a photo of filing cabinet, do you? Nah, I didn't think so....

I wanted to show you these gorgeous photos I received from Deborah at Woolen Sails Blog. A couple of weeks ago we got to talking when I showed you my oh-so-simple ring bearer's pillow, made by wrapping a vintage embroidered table runner around a pillow form. Deborah sent me photos of the one she had just made for her son and daughter-in-law- gorgeous! Look at all the hand embroidery that she did- I love the white on white, so elegant, and surely a keepsake. She discusses the details here.


This is the pillow that I made for my daughter's wedding back in June, using a linen that my grandmother had hand embroidered over 60 years ago....


Also today I wanted to say Congratulations to Husei all the way in Malaysia who won my Christmas in July giveaway a few weeks ago. Your prize is on its way, Husei.  By the way, I have another giveaway coming up soon so check back.


Finally, I was feeling a bit down last week... but there is nothing like RED to cheer me up when I am blue.
Look what I bought for myself (a bargain at Marshall's- and they had my size- I took that as a sign that they were meant to be mine....) They make me want to click my heels three times.... I will be wearing them when I go out for my birthday dinner tomorrow night:

(Photo taken with iPad, edited with PicStitch)

What's happenin' with you this week?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful comments you made about my pillow. I still like yours, has a lot of meaning and history in it. I wish I had saved things from my grandmother, she was the crafter in our family. I haven't worn dress shoes in ages, the last pair I bought was for an outdoor wedding, so i got sandals, lol.

    Have a wonderful time for your Birthday!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pillows they will be treasured forever. Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful and happy birthday! I think both pillows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your pictures and ideas for your daughters wedding.
    We are planning my daughter's wedding for JUNE next year. We just purchased her wedding dress yesterday...drove three hours to get just the perfect dress...LOL! Her ideas for the wedding theme are similar to what you show in your pictures. I would love to see more!
    LOVE the ring bearer pillow you made....adorable! We too love the vintage look and adding sentimental things here and there are very important!Hope to see more pictures.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again! Beautiful pillow!
    Wish you have a wonderful Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to go get a pair of red shoes- they are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails