Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy...

OK, I don't know how this happened.... but I am now the parent of a COLLEGE  GRADUATE!!!
Congratulations, Samantha. We went to her graduation last Friday. The weather started out stormy, but ended up sunny and beautiful by the afternoon ceremony. We are quite proud, as you can imagine.


There was a very nice luncheon, also. Lots of food. Of course, yours truly only photographed the desserts. But you know me pretty well by now, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

I remember very well the day that we dropped her off for college- I cried and cried on the way home. I was a wreck. And the first few weeks were torture for me... Standing in the chapel for her Baccalaureate service last week, I remembered that little break down of mine... and couldn't believe that she was now graduating. It's amazing how quickly those 4 years flew by...

It is exactly one week till I leave for Quilt Market, and just one month until Daughter's (you know, the COLLEGE GRADUATE's) wedding.... so as you can imagine, things are a bit crazy around here. I don't know how much I will be posting here on the blog over the next month or so (even after the wedding, I plan on taking some time off- we'll see what happens... There will most likely be another little breakdown... and I know you don't want to be a spectator for that) I do have a lot of fun stuff lined up for my Facebook page and Twitter posts, though- recipes, fun crafts, decorating projects, social media tips, random inspiration..... So even if I'm not here at the Blog very much, we can still keep in touch, OK?

To follow my Twitter feed, click here.
To like my page on Facebook, click here.

Believe it or not- I actually got a newsletter together! Don't ask me how, 'cause I don't know... but somehow I did. It will be sent out at the end of this week/beginning of next. If you are not signed up yet, you can subscribe at the top of the right side bar here on my blog. A little sneak peek:

A project that I am SUPER INCREDIBLY EXCITED ABOUT (I guess the caps say it all.)

New Products (and details about free shipping....)

One of my favorite recipes


This issue has 2 Free Embroidery Patterns

I have to get back to work now- yikes! One week till Quilt Market....

PS Don't forget to enter the giveaway to win an autographed copy of my book. Click here.


3 comments:

  1. Love that photo, such a sweet moment. I was at a local quilt show and they had a booth for project linus, so I got the pamphlets and information, can't wait to do some quilts for the kids.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter.

    It's amazing how my life is finally slowing down and yours is taking off! We have to sync up better then we are!

    Try to enjoy every moment, it won't be long and daughter number two will be entering into college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your daughters graduation. You sure have a busy schedule lined up. Make sure to try to get some rest in whenever you can so you will be able to enjoy it all. Pushing yourself to the wall will just make you miserable and not able to have fun. I wish you the best times over the next month or two!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails