Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To Market We Go!

So for a couple of months you've been reading "Market this" and "Market that"... It's finally here! I will be leaving in a day or so and the trade show runs from Saturday through Monday in Houston, Texas. there are piles of stuff in my studio, in the family room, all waiting to be packed up in suitcases (normally I ship all of the stuff for my booth ahead of time, but this time I didn't have anything ready early enough.... so we will be lugging lots of suitcases from the airport to the convention center). 

This Quilt Market is going to be especially exciting for me- I will be doing 2 School House sessions (School House sessions run on Friday, the day before the show opens). In the first, I will be talking about my book, Fruitful Hands, for Kansas City Star publishers, and for my second, I and four other Henry Glass Fabrics designers will be talking about our upcoming fabric lines. I am bringing some of my original watercolor paintings to both School House presentations, to show how art gets translated to the printed page and to fabric.

Also, I am going to be part of the Aurifil Booth Hop! This is going to be a lot of fun- show attendees can get a passport from the Aurifil booth (#1356) or my booth (#237) or any of the participating booths, visit all of the booths and get their passport stamped, and then be entered to win a veritable suitcase full of Aurifil Thread! Oh that is a stupendous prize! Have you seen Aurifil thread- the colors are simply gorgeous, and the thread is so easy to work with.

I know many of you don't get to go to Quilt Market, so Thursday I will do a little Market preview for you here on my blog. And of course, there will be lots of photos when I get back. I will try to make you feel like you were there (without the sore feet, of course!) Have a Happy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I can't help reading the Schoolhouse thing and thinking wouldn't it be great to have a bloggy day called Saturday or Sunday Sewing Schoolhouse.. where sewing or stitching tips were shared one thing at a time, from basics to beyond. Sometimes you THINK you know how to do something and have been doing it that way since forever only to find out.. it is totally NOT done that way and the correction so changes sewing for you forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt Market sounds fun and exciting can't wait to hear about it and see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. Oh, I would love to win all that thread.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails