Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quilt Show Photos Part 2

Here is the second batch of photos I took at the AQS show in Lancaster, PA.
"Garden Wedding" by Janet Sutton of Export, Pennsylvania. I like the design that the applique makes, and I like the vibrancy of the colors of the flowers on the white background.


"History Revisited" by Linda Postlethwait of Anchorage, Alaska. This reminds me of the antique quilts at my favorite museum. It's like stepping back in time.






"My Beautiful Memory" by Masako Kumagawa of Japan. Won a Third Place Ribbon. I like how realistic the lilly appliques are.

"Summer at the Lake" by Rahna Walker Summerlin of Port Orange, Florida. No applique, but the color choice and pattern totally won me over! One of my very favorites!!! I studied the quilt and didn't see any fabrics repeated from one block to another, so I don't know how many different fabrics she used....





That's it for quilt photos. Which is your favorite?

Don't you want to go and make a hundred quilts right now? I know I do! Better get to work. Have a Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures... it's nice to see all the quilty goodness. I can't get to shows, so I appreciate the wonders of digital photography! LOL My fav is the last one, cos I love scrappy quilts, but that first applique one took my breath away! Lovely!
    I don't blog, so you don't have to reply. Just wanted to thank you for the pix.
    Jacque Lyn in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are all really nice, but I love the one with the Lilies on it. They do look real too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails