Monday, October 25, 2010

Dress Your Nest

With just a few days left till I leave for International Quilt Market in Houston, things around here are getting interesting. And messy. And very dusty. And there will be no housework done until I get back. I have a pile of magazines that I have been collecting for the plane ride. Oh, I look forward to that plane ride. For the first time in weeks, I will sit and do nothing and be absolutely fine with that....
So, I know how I keep saying how busy busy busy I am getting ready. It's extremely stressful- will I get everything done? Will I remember to bring everything? Will anyone bother to stop in my booth when I finally get there and get it set up???  But once I get there, and the booth is done, I get to meet up with some old friends and the energy starts circulating around the convention center- Boy, is it fun! I imagine it's kind of like opening night at the theater. And after I get home, and get my suitcases unpacked, I will take a few days off to get the house back in order, maybe treat myself to a day or 2 of shopping- and then it's back to work. But oh how I look forward to those couple of days off. It is what keeps me going during the month before Market when everything is crazy, I just think about sitting in a coffee shop, relaxing, lazily wandering through some cute little shops with no schedule or agenda.... aahhhh.

I think it's about time for you to see some of what I have been working on. First, remember I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a project that could be one of my favorites ever and it's not even a quilt? Well, here it is- It is called the Dress Your Nest Collection. It is a collection of cute little crafty sewing projects to decorate your home- I think these would be so cute in a little girl's room, or a sewing room, or a sun room or parlor. It includes instructions for 2 different pillows, a couple different pieces of wall art, and lamp shade. The pillows could also be easily made into quilted wall hangings.
And let me tell you, the photography for this was not fun. After 3 days of clouds and rain, the sun finally came out- and so did the 50mph wind gusts! Thank goodness oldest daughter was here to help- she held everything down, then let go and jumped back and I quickly snapped a photo or 2 before everything blew over. And then we did it again. And again. And again.

The pattern for this is on the website, if you'd like to hop on over.
Happy Monday! More new projects to follow.....

3 comments:

  1. Everything is just great. That is a pattern I would like to have. I am writing it down in my notebook right now so I won't forget. I am looking forward to purchasing some of your fabric line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super cute! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails