Friday, June 18, 2010

My Girls

There is stuff going on with a couple of my girls. First of all, eldest daughter flew off to England Tuesday night. ALL. BY. HER. SELF. Without ME. What nerve!! She will spend a semester studying at Oxford, something she has wanted to do for a long time. She is a Secondary Education major, and she will be taking a couple of literature courses. She will also get to see a production of Romeo & Juliet performed on a castle courtyard, among other outings. I think she is going to have the time of her life! Of course, we miss her already. Fortunately, my husband has an aunt and a cousin who live there, just an hour from Oxford, so they will be able to keep an eye on her, which makes me feel better.

Furry daughter (aka Daisy dog) is feeling under the weather. She had surgery on Wednesday for the removal of bladder stones. Xrays revealed that she had 3 of them, and they had to go. The vet sent one home with me, and I couldn't believe the size of it- and it was the small one. I'm not sure what to do with the stone she sent home with me- maybe Daisy should put it under her pillow so she can get a buck from the Bladder Stone Fairy?? (distant "black sheep" relative of the Tooth Fairy, I guess.) She is feeling pretty miserable. Some of you may remember she had a platelet disorder back in the fall and almost died. So it has been a rough year for her. She is 10 1/2- I am starting to wish they had Medicare for dogs. Because the vet bills are killing me.
She likes to put herself in her kennel for a little retreat.

Youngest daughter spent the day yesterday making an apron of her own design- such a talented little cookie (she looks a little angry in the photo- I think it's just her seriously-mom-can-we-get-this-over-with face). This morning she left for Pittsburgh for a practice meet for her Bible Quiz Team and will return tomorrow night. Yep, the nest is empty more and more these days. Hubby and I will go to a graduation party tomorrow. Tonight we will stay home, rent a movie, and babysit the ailing dog. Romance, people, this is real romance. Certainly real life. And you know, it's all good.



Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. You certainly do have interesting things happening. Sorry for the dog's distress.
    How brave of your daughter to go to England by herself, but such a wonderful opportunity. Chelsea would love to go to Paris one day.
    If I were a sewer I would let Chelsea design her own apron...but I can't help her if she gets stuck.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your daughter is having a great time over here. It's lovely, warm and sunny but not too hot. I hope she takes lots of pictures for your blog. sorry to hear about your little dog. Hope he get well soon. Love the apron your younger daughter made. It looks great.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the empty nest-Real quiet isn't it?

    I'm so thrilled your oldest is getting this wonderful opportunity in England-Your youngest looks like she inherited your crafty talents! The apron is wonderful!

    Poor little Daisy dog-I do hope she gets to feeling better!

    We are having the same stay at home movie night tonight~♥ That is if Tim makes it home on time! :)

    Have a great weekend, I have so much to tell you, there has been so much going on it's unbelievable!
    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Hannah would be so jealous of older daughter!! She is a Secondary Ed. student, with a leaning toward English Lit. She would DIE to see Romeo and Juliet in such a special location!

    Put the baldder stone in clear acrylic and make a paper weight out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great experience for your daughter....hope she is having a wonderful time. Sorry about Daisy, hope she feels better.
    The apron photo expression is too funny, Very cute though! :) Great job on the apron!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails