Thursday, November 26, 2009

Words Can Never Express....

On Sunday I was thinking about what I could do for a post for Thanksgiving Day. I could find a poem or a Psalm that expresses gratitude, maybe include a picture of a Pilgrim....

Then I began to think about what I was personally grateful for. It is easy to come up with a long list: a loving family, a nice home, good health, plenty of good food, friends that I love, a church that has become like family to me, gratitude that I live in a country where we are free to speak and worship freely....

But my first thought was- I am so grateful that there is a God Who loves me... the All-Powerful Creator of the universe, and yet He has time to know me and to love me.... He knows everything about me- the good, the bad, the ugly and the really ugly.... and He loves me anyway, He can't NOT love me...and I thought of my favorite line from one of my very favorite songs.... written by Laura Story, performed by Chris Tomlin.




Indescribable
From the highest of highs to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming:

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name,
You are amazing, God
All powerful, untameable
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing, God.


Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go?
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow?
Who imagined the sun and gave source to its light?
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night?
None can fathom.....

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name,
You are amazing, God.
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim,
You are amazing, God.

Incomparable, unchangeable,
You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same,
You are amazing, God....
You are amazing, God....


And so words can never really express my gratitude, my love, my incredible awe, to my Creator and my Savior.... but I am humbled.... eternally grateful.

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!
You have set Your glory above the heavens.
 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which You have set in place,
what is man that You are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?    Psalm 8:1, 3-4

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your Thanksgiving day post. May you and your family be richly blessed. That song always moves me to tears.
    Love in Christ,
    Lona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing some praise and worship on Thanksgiving day!
    Joyfully, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    We sang this on Sunday. It gets me every time.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song. . . Love that it's so true.
    . . . talk about being grateful. . .
    Thank you for getting to the core of it all.(!)
    Happy Thanksgiving Jackie (& to your family too!)
    xo, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! One of my favorite songs!
    Blessings to you~

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails