Friday, August 7, 2009

On a (Dinner) Roll...

I cooked again last night- I am on a roll!!!

First, I made these potatoes. I saw Melissa, the winner of The Next Food Network Star, make them. Super easy. This is my version. (Sorry my photos are so yellow-y... the light in my kitchen is terrible. We'll just pretend that I meant for them to look this way.... you know, like "art" photos or something.)

Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Put a few chopped onions in the bottom of the cups. Salt lightly. Fill cups about halfway with thinly sliced red potatoes (I used 4 small to medium potatoes for a dozen muffin cups.) Salt lightly. Top with shredded or thinly sliced cheese. I used horseradish cheddar- yum. Fill cups with more potato slices. Lightly salt and sprinkle with paprika. Top each with about a tablespoon of light cream. (My daughter doesn't like onions, so I omitted those in a few of the cups and marked those with a leaf of parsley.) Bake 350 for about 40 minutes. Then allow to stand for about 10 minutes to firm up before serving. You can top with more cheese for the last few minuntes of baking, if you want (extra cheese is never a bad thing...)Next for the chicken... this is my own personal recipe... basically whatever I had on hand. I was thinking about the horseradish cheddar in the potatoes, and thought that mustard would go well with that, so I made a mustard sauce. I had a little of this in the fridge that someone had given us as a gift.
Hmmmm, what to do with that???





I had some honey mustard salad dressing in the cabinet..... that should work..... mixed those together....










I put the boneless chicken breasts in a baking dish, seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Drizzled the chicken with my "special sauce".....
Baked chicken at 350 for about 35- 40 minutes.


Ta-da! Dinner is served.

Tonight's menu: pizza (take out, of course.)

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about those potatoes. Hmmm...we'll have to give them a try.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... looks delicious. The potatoes are a good idea. Maybe I'll surprise my chef (read husband) one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! And I came to visit while I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails