Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hydrangea Study

I managed to get out at about 7 am the other day to take a few photos. I never got past the hydrangea bush... The early morning light was luminous and I just kept snapping away... revealing numerous facets of a single bush...Baby praying mantis in the upper left of the flower... I read somewhere that they are voracious eaters and will canibalize each other...I know... lovely, right?...
I think this might be my favorite photo that day, I just like the light.


A dried blossom from last year.
Another "resident".... I had a hard time focusing, I think I finally used the manual focus.... but maybe it's time to invest in another lens for the camera.



"And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.

“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:28-34

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are wonderful! I will show you mines, one of this days. They are absolutly blues!
    "They" say that hydrangeas change colors as the iron that we can found in the soil.
    If you like it blue, try to stick a peace of iron on the floor.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that verse! Your hydrangeas are beautiful. I still haven't planted one in our yard yet....I've been "thinking about it" for four years now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails