Monday, May 4, 2009

A Garden Tour, part 1

Last weekend we managed to get down to the beach house. We had a glorious day weatherwise, so we headed to a local garden. It is located at Eyre Hall, in Cheriton, Virginia. It is a privately owned estate, and the Eyre family very graciously allows visitors into their exquisite garden any time, free of charge. My daughter and I took tons of photos.
A cottage which is used as an office....Supposedly, these are the oldest boxwoods in the U.S...

We have so many beautiful photos, I'll put some more up in a day or 2. And I also still have more cake photos, so I'll work on those too.

Have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!!! I love these photos and can't wait to see more cake photos!

    Robin~♥
    BTW: Your quilt turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I"ve just paged through a magazine photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a beautiful garden. I think it is interesting to see how boxwoods are used so much in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Thanks for sharing....these photos should be in a magazine! What a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I see Cathy and I had the same thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jacquelynne ~ I am totally jealous, lol! It is beautiful there. I am enjoying looking at all the photos... and the cakes...oh, my!

    Hope you are having fun at Quilt Market!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails