Friday, November 14, 2008

Working on a Christmas Village




Our church decided in, like, September, that we should do a "miniature" Victorian Christmas village (and by miniature, I mean 3/4 scale, so pretty close to life size.) I had serious doubts as to whether it could be pulled off, but a remarkable amount of work has gotten done. I can't wait to show the photos of all the sets when it is finally put up.

Somehow, in the past week, (and I really don't know how...) I managed to paint the bakery signs (thanks hubby for "volunteering" me!) Actually, he has done much more work on the village than I have. I had planned on being very involved, but you know how things have been going around here! The long sign was easy, but the square one was a little harder. Not only did I have to come up with some bakery type goods to paint on it, but it had to be done on both sides. If you have ever tried to paint two things the same that are right next to each other, you know how tricky that can be- but try painting opposite sides, so you can't see exactly what the other side looks like while you are painting, plus you have to worry about the wet paint when you flip it over to work on the other side. All in all, I am pretty happy with the way they came out (and both sides actually look fairly similar!)
Monday I will be posting my new product, which I hope will be quite popular, I am pretty excited about it. Hint- it is a variation on something I have been making and selling for a few years.
Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jacquelynne,
    The signs turned out so nice! You do have yourself a full plate don't you? :)
    Hey, I'm excited to see your variation on your wool pins!

    I am planning a little "teaser" about my giveaway on my blog today sometime! :) Can't wait for Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs look fabulous and it will be exciting to see your variation on the pins. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three words... A Dor Able!!
    :)

    P.S. My husband is also very generous with my time--he's volunteered my art skills more than a few times. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you...they both look great!
    Please take pics of the village when it is ready to show...sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails