Friday, October 17, 2008

What's (Still) Going on in the Studio

I posted this photo last week, I thought I was pretty close to having this project done...
Well, I am still working on it. I managed to get this pieced border done, but it took me way longer than it should have (arghhh- I hate math!....) It took me 3 tries to figure out how many squares I needed- and it really shouldn't have because they're 1" blocks, so basically a 5th grader should be able to do the math. But that is just how it goes sometimes. Sometimes I breeze right through a project, and other times it just becomes a "work in progress"...


Since I usually design as I go when I am putting together a project, a lot of times I will work on it for a while and then set it aside and come back to it later. So it goes with this "work in progress," not sure what the next component of it will be, or maybe it is already done. I will have to live with it a while before I decide.

I did finish this embroidery, the pattern can be found on my Free Pattern Page. And I managed to make it up into a super cute project, just need to get it photographed, so I'll put that up as soon as I can. (And it only took me a few hours to put the project together, just breezed right through it, go figure.)

And look what I got in the mail yesterday! It was almost like Christmas, or maybe a visit from the *Wool Fairy*. I ordered 20 different quarter yard cuts Waterpail deSigns, and I was so excited and delighted when I opened the box. They are so pretty- can't wait to get started with these. Actually, it makes me happy to just sit and look at them... *sigh*. I almost hate to cut into them, but I can guarantee you that when I do cut into them, I will roll them back into neat little bundles so no one will be the wiser. Yes, I am a woman of simple tastes... (But believe me, that doesn't always necessarily translate into "cheap" or "inexpensive," ask my hubby...)

Have a great weekend, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I love the face on that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wools that you got!!! Do you have a special project in mind for them? I'm thinking I'd love to have some but I just cannot buy anymore fabric right now. I must finish some projects before I can buy anything else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pumpkin:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wool is beautiful~ I just bought some for the first time the other day and wondered why wool is so expensive when there are sheep running around everywhere? :) I'm sure it's the process of making the wool beautiful that makes it so expensive-But I do adore it!
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails