Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Into the Sun

The kingdom of darkness is never in more danger than when man looks around at his circumstances and sees little sign of God or His mercy, but trusts Him anyway.
C.S. Lewis

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and email me after my last (dark) post. I am feeling a little better- I am still avoiding the news (for now, anyway). I am trying to get out of the house a little every day (I tend to be a loner and like being by myself, which isn't always good for me). And I am trying to make sure that I do something nice for someone else every day, just to make sure that I'm not always on my own mind. Mostly, I am spending more quiet time with God, praying and reading comforting words from my Bible. I really do appreciate all of the kind words and encouragement that you all so generously shared- that alone has shown that there is goodness and light in this world. So, thank you, thank you, thank you....

It is the cry of our hearts amidst the pain. I've thought about the thousands of times that it was the only word I was able to speak before God- Why? .... That one word enters the heavens and heads straight into the throne room thousands of times a day, I believe. But I believe also that those words hit merciful ears- Although He holds the future and sees the whole of eternity, He knows that we have limited ability to process His plans and His purposes. He knows that we get focused on our pain and not on Him. We forget that whatever the need is, whatever the need is, He will be the provision. Kathy Troccoli from Seven Celebrations for the Soul



Now I think we deserve to have a little fun... This is really amusing, I'm sure it will bring back a lot of memories to you all....
No matter how many times I see it, THIS CRACKS ME UP EVERY TIME!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I read your post but didn't leave a comment because I couldn't come up with the words I was searching for. But you were in my thoughts. I have felt that feeling you describe and it's a type of hurting that needs to heal. I hope that you soon find your way back to what is "normal" for you, to your happy place.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. I come from a long line of loners believe it or not. Both my mom and I would be super happy just staying home being by ourselves-I tend to have to push myself out the door but I am always glad when I do.
    I love that video -I'm like you, I have seen it before but it always just cracks me up. I love the face he gets when the Brady Bunch song comes on!
    Have a great weekend...We are traveling to see our Grandsons~♥
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the time of year when the actual darkness causes depression in many people...it is not necessarily a darkness of the soul. But glad to see your sadness is lifting. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know one thing that always helps me if I get in a depressed state is to get my hands busy. Then sometimes you just need to do nothing. The video made me smile! Thanks and I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails