Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ladybug Gathering

For some reason, a ton of ladybugs decided to gather in my cilantro yesterday. I suppose they were munching on some aphids or something, or maybe they were just having a little party.

"Ladybug, Ladybug! Fly Away Home!

It is a crimson Ladybug;
I wonder why the pet has come?
Perhaps it wants a little food
To carry with it to its home?

Oh! It spreads its tiny wings!
Mother, see? It flies away!
Ladybug, you're going home
But come again another day!"

London, England 1897

5 comments:

  1. I'm Judy, from AM# and Chris 'sent me' to see your ladybugs. They're great captures of these beautiful little ladies. I like the poem you've posted - I'd never seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - that should have been AM3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! We've just purchased a few cilantro plants...maybe the lady bugs will have a party on ours?
    Sorry about your hot weather, last week it was in the 60's here, but this week promises warmer weather in the 80's. Hope you survive the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of a song my kids used to sing, "1,2,3- 4,5,6 Lady bugs, at the lady bug picnic. . . "
    Great photo btw.

    Blessings~
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails