Saturday, May 10, 2008

Plays and Proms...and Time Marches On...

It has been a very eventful weekend for us. Last night, my younger daughter, who is in 7th grade, was in her school's production of "High School Musical." It was a good show, she has her final performance tonight. She is tired but has been having a great time. Last year her school did "Into the Woods" which I wasn't crazy about, but the year before that she played Ado Annie in "Oklahoma!" which was wonderful. It's so funny that she gets up on stage and does this stuff, because she is usually a really quiet kid. But she is quite the little comic on stage.



















Also, last night was my older daughter's Senior Prom. So there was, of course, the hair appointment, and picking up the flowers, and the makeup and manicure and pedicure (done by yours truly to save a few $), and the photos, and going down to the school for more photos and seeing the dresses.......You know, I can't imagine what it's going to be like to plan a wedding! (I don't remember my wedding being so complicated, but I guess it was and some how we all got through it and had a good time!)

Today she is off to Hershey Park with some of her friends. I was a little sad this morning, thinking about how she is able to have fun without me! That she is getting ready to fly off..... Honestly, I don't know how time goes by so fast.... Sometimes I just ache for those days of little hands and dirty faces and giggles..... She hasn't left for college yet, and somehow there already seems to be a hole here, as she runs off with her friends for fun and adventures..... I just want to capture the days in a bottle and hold onto them forever..... But one of the lessons I have found myself repeating to my kids over and over and over is that things change, and oftentimes change is hard, even when it's good change, and I have to keep repeating that to myself now.... And I am sitting here listening to the somewhat melancholy Pride and Prejudice Soundtrack and it is not cheering me up, not at all... Maybe I should put on something more upbeat....


She called this afternoon from the park, she hadn't known that one of her favorite groups, The Afters, were performing there today. She got to see the concert, and got her Tshirt signed and got her picture taken with one of the band members. And she wanted to call home to share her exciting news. It's nice to know that she doesn't completely forget about us when she leaves, that we are in her heart...


So anyway, things are just rolling right along around here.... Graduation in a few weeks, she's starting her summer job this week, maybe a trip to the shore this summer........

And then August 23, her first day of college, will come, and I am afraid nothing will ever be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails