Monday, March 10, 2008

CAKE!!!

WARNING-VIEWING THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY CAUSE CAVITIES, SUDDEN WEIGHT GAIN AND THE NEED FOR AN INSULIN SHOT.

OK...Now that I have your attention...

My daughter, being very creative, loves those Cake Challenge shows on The Food Network (OK, I watch them too.) So as part of her 13th birthday present, I took her to a cake competition in Philadelphia last week. The cakes there rivalled those I had seen on TV. Honestly incredible. I took A LOT of photos.

Oh and by the way- WE GOT TO TASTE EACH ONE!!!! AND THEY HAD TAKE OUT BOXES SO WE COULD BRING CAKE HOME!!! (My pancreas may not recover from this one....)

Needless to say, there will be lots of cake photos over the next few days. Enjoy!!!











This one was modelled after a wedding ring quilt and had "stitching" in the fondant which covered the cake.
































This little guy went with the quilt cake as a groom's cake- completely edible! Isn't he cute!













Believe it or not, this cake was in the student competition! Love the flowers and the lustre dust!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails