Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, New Calendar


One of my favorite things about the new year is new calendars. I know, I know- it sounds weird. But they are a very inexpensive way to collect art! My family knows my favorites, so I always get a couple for Christmas. And I love the after Christmas half-off sales- my kids and I hit the mall at 7:30 am on December 26 to pick up a few more. However, I don't have enough wall space to display all of my calendars at the same time, so I need to rotate them through out the year. A few of my favorite artists are Marjolein Bastin, Sherri Buck Baldwin, Susan Winget, and Karen Hillard Good.

Speaking of calendars, on Dec. 30 I sat down to write everything into my new desk calendar- birthdays, kids' days off from school, dentist appointments, important events like Prom and High School Graduation- and it took me almost 2 hours! I don't think we realize how much time and energy it takes for us to plan and run the lives of all the people and pets in our homes. So, I say to all of you moms (and dads) out there- Hooray for us! (Wouldn't you like to see someone like Donald Trump do this job? If only we got his paycheck...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails